Bi-Annual Research day of Anatomy FALL 2016
The department of Anatomy successfully conducted the second half of the Bi-Annual Research day attended by faculty and as well as MPhil and PhD students at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Khyber Medical University. The aim was to,
- Encourage students to develop an analytical and critical view of research
- Be able to present their research to their colleagues in an academic environment
- Impart the importance of research to newly inducted students and kick start research projects for 3rd semester students.
- Enable networking amongst the students of all four semesters of MPhil.
These are clearly linked to the University’s strategic aim of:
- Creating a research, knowledge sharing and enhancement culture, to ensure that experience, good practice and know how are capitalised within and across faculties.
A brief overview of all academic and research activities conducted in Anatomy at IBMS was presented with emphasis on professionalism as well as timely management of research projects. Nine students presented their critical analysis papers based on topics from Gross anatomy Head and neck. This work is a part of their internal assessments and helps students develop an inquisitive mind and then guide it in developing presentable material. Best Oral presentation was awarded to Dr Aqsa Saleema.