The Institute of Nursing Sciences at Khyber Medical University aspires to raise to the status of the best national institution to educate and prepare nurses in a multidisciplinary environment enabling them to attain their true potential in becoming competent, caring and inquisitive members of the healthcare team for improving healthcare outcomes.
BS. Nursing (4 Years Program)
The INS is the first public sector institution at the province offering Bachelor degree programs in Nursing. Since its start, the Institution has been offering Master in Nursing in Sciences 2 years, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing including Post RN BSN (2 years), BSN(4 years) and Fast Track (1 Year Program ) for senior registered nurses. The vision of INS is to take the lead in nursing education in the province and compete with the demands of nursing profession both nationally and internationally in today’s complex health care systems.
During the course of BSN and MSN, it is expected that the students acquire a good deal of experience in the development of health teaching, outpatient department and wards of the Hospital, Maternal and child health clinics, home visit, both at rural and urban communities. The role of the nurse as a member of health team is very vital because the total care of the patient has to be managed by the nurse. Hence a great responsibility lies with the nurse.
We at the Institute of Nursing Sciences, KMU believe that nursing is an integral part of health profession & we further believe that the nursing is a fast developing which maintains its nobility in all respect. The institute is thriving to develop nursing personnel who are prepared to give comprehensive nursing care are important members of Health team.
Looking forward toward its vision, the Institute of Nursing Sciences is committed to maintain the highest standard of the University in the field of Nursing Education to become a leading national Institution.
The graduate of this nursing program will be prepared to:
- Prepare competent, safe, committed and knowledgeable nurse clinicians (hospital and community setting).
- Educate nurses with the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes and with clinical competency.
- Integrate evidence-based science into clinical practice to provide holistic care for individuals, families and communities.
- Enable nurses to meet the future challenges, including changes in technology, confronting health care in the 21st century.
- Initiate a leadership role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of individual, family and community.
- Adhere to an established pattern of professional practices within the professional, religious, cultural, legal and ethical boundaries of Pakistan.