List of Priorities
LIST OF PRIORITIES
- Institutional Expansion:
- Establishment of Khyber Medical University (KMU) sub-campuses in two divisions (Malakand & Kohat) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including the newly merged districts.
- Acquiring long term lease of the KMU Dauranpur campus and Nursing campus at Phase-V, Hayatabad Peshawar.
- Establishment of KMU sub-campuses in all divisions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including the newly merged districts.
- Making KMU constituent Kohat Medical & Dental Colleges a state of the art institutions and also establishment of KMU another constituent Medical College at Peshawar on Public Private Partnership.
- Summer Campus at Nathiagali.
- Establishment of new Institutes and Units:
- Institute of Pathology
Through this institute commercialization of KMU Clinical Laboratory in every Medical Hub of the Province
- Institute of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Clinical Trials Unit under the Institute of Public Health & Social Sciences in collaboration with the University of York. It branches to be established at KMC Peshawar, Kohat, Abbottabad, KGMC and LRH.
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Institute of Family Medicine & Primary Healthcare
- Institute of Health Informatics and Artificial Intelligence
- Institute of Nutritional Sciences
- Institute of Oral Health Sciences
- Starting new academic programs:
- PhD programs:
- PhD in Nursing
- PhD in Physical Therapy
- PhD in Oral Health Sciences
- MS/MPhil programs:
- MPhil in Community Dentistry/ Dental Public Health
- MS in Physical Therapy (Sport Sciences)
- MS in Occupational Therapy
- MS in Speech Therapy and Language Pathology
- MS Nursing in:
- Critical care
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mental Health
- Master programs:
- Master of Science in Mental Health
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- Master of Science in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- BS Programs:
- BS in Public Health
- BS in Clinical Nutrition
- BS in Microbiology
- BS in Molecular Biology & Genetics
- BS in Biochemistry
- BS in Oral Hygiene
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- BS Midwifery (post-RN)
- BS Prosthetics and Orthotics
- BS Audiology
- BS respiratory Therapy
- Diploma Courses:
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine
- Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
- Diploma in Diabetes Care
- Diploma in Podiatry
- Diploma in Eldercare
- Certificate Courses:
- Certificate in Health Professional Education (CHPE) & Certificate in Health Research (CHR) expansion & availability to every desirous candidate /institute under the IHPER & IPH & ORIC Office of KMU
- Certificate in Gender Based Violence in collaboration with WHO
- Certificate in Statistical Computing
- Certificate in Data Management
- Certificate in Transitional Prosthetic and Orthotics
B. Completion /Establishment of new health care facilities:
- Completion of the Research Institute of Hepatology, Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery & Transplantation (RIHEHP) and Research Institute of Diabetology, Endocrinology & NCDs (RIDENC) for initial functioning within three months (positively by October 31, 2020) and full completion within six months (by February 28, 2021).
- Taking over of five mega buildings (Academic block & hostels) after solving the electricity and other pending issues in the main campus.
- Establishment of the KMU Center for Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Establishment of networking infrastructure for Public Health Reference Lab of KMU with the newly established Public Health laboratories in selected districts.
C. Streamlining operational business:
- Complete digitalization (A-Z) of the official business and Student services of the University.
- Establishing and functionalizing of the Sexual and Work-place Anti-Harassment cell through accessible Focal Persons and Inquiry Committee.
- One-window operation for the affiliation and inspection of institutes.
- Better and close collaboration with the affiliated Medical & Allied institutes through frequent contacts especially in Medical Education & Research.
- More financial and administrative autonomy to the constituent institutes.
- Submission of new PC-1 to Govt & HEC after consultations with constituent Institutes.
- Establishment of networking infrastructure of ORIC in all constituent and affiliated institutions to liaise with ORIC, KMU.
- Examination System and Teaching Environment Enhancements
- Implementing Modular System of assessment / examination for MBBS / BDS and other internationally recognized programs in KMU.
- Establishing a mechanism for continuous reforms / improvement in the examination system.
- Establishing Clinical Skills Simulation center for under- and postgraduate teaching, research and assessment
- Purpose-built examination center for centralized OSCE (twenty small adjacent rooms for OSCE in a circular fashion)
- IT lab plus centralized computer-based Examination center
- A separate building with security and walk through gates to maintain secrecy and question banking and quality assurance / audits
- Teaching rooms with a system of versatile partitioning for setting up into large and small group sessions.
- Ensuring regular meetings of the KMU statutory bodies to finalize the pending initiatives in a timely manner.
- Establishing Information and Facilitation Centers at all constituent and affiliated institutions. (These centers will serve not only as immediately accessible sources of information and guidance but will also provide all the necessary forms, deposit slips, etc).
- Instituting bank branches and installing ATMs on all Campuses.
- Shifting of investments and banking to Khyber Bank in a phase manner.
- Establishment of KMU Alumni Association & Career counselling.
- Establishment of Human Resource Management Section under the Registrar Office based on international standards, guidelines, and policies. (The department will receive full technological support, ensuring objective, performance-based system of promotions, in addition to ensuring transparency of recruitment process based on strict quality control and process implementation assessments through external audits).
- Implementation of a system of centralized admissions in Allied Health Disciplines in all constituent and affiliated institutions.
- Improving proficiency of Thesis submission and Dissertations processing through ORIC.
- Establishment of a vibrant Media Cell of the University.
- Upgradation of Library services to the international standards, providing access to online journals.
- Providing consistent support to the KMU journals.
- Starting Pakistan Journal of Nursing Sciences
- Reinforcing the work of Quality Enhancement Cell regarding faculty and staff evaluation and feedback processes.
C. Initiating Employees Welfare Schemes:
- Initiating Employees’ Housing Schemes.
- Efforts for providing Health Professionals Allowances for the employees.
- Providing employees’ children’s quota/seats for admission in various programs.
- Providing Daycare facility and breastfeeding room for the female employees.
- Providing assistance to the employees in submission of tax returns.
- Preventing brain drain by proactive focus on talent retention.
- Facilitation of employees’ health insurance policy management.
- Establishment of employees’ welfare fund (coverage for treatment / disability / death).
- Establishment of Sports Facilities at all Campuses.
- Providing prayer areas for female staff at all campuses.
- Providing of hostel facilities for female students at main campus.
D. Enhancing Student Support Services
- Allowing fees submission through alternative means, (i.e. Easy paisa, Jazz cash etc).
- Establishing Cafeteria and Gymnasium for students.
- Close liaison / integration of students’ input in the KMU decision making mechanism.
E. Enhancing Examination
F. Strengthening Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
- Setting up mechanism for online submission of complaints & suggestions and its effective and timely redressal.
- Setting up mechanism for online submission of complaints involving sexual and workplace harassment cell.
- Ensuring closely supervised follow up and efficient disposal of the cases received through the Right to Information Commission and the Prime Minister’s Citizens’ Portal.