- To develop a Public Health human resource who understand the basic principles of public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, healthcare management, and public health policy.
- To develop persons who can critically identify public health problems and use their theoretical knowledge and skill developed through the program to characterize them at the population level.
- To develop professionals who will be able to design and conduct epidemiological studies, manage and analyze public health data, and use the results to design interventions and control strategies as part of public health policy.
- To produce professionals with conceptual and technical skills in institutional management.
- To provide professionals with tools to function at all levels of the health and social sectors: local (public/private), provincial, federal; and in all settings: academic/research institutes, advocacy groups, and service organizations like hospitals, family health clinics and/or primary health care centers.
- The program endeavors to produce a valuable human resource – Public Health Specialists for the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province and the country.
MPH (General) (Two years program)
A Master in Public Health degree is designed to prepare students to address the broad mission of public health, defined as “ enhancing health in human populations through organized community effort “, utilizing education, research, and community service. Why do we need MPH qualified personnel?
- The Ministry of Health (Federal) has identified the need for 4000 Public Health Science, qualified personnel in Pakistan.
- The current number of MPH qualified persons is about 200 (GTZ consultant, HSA, Islamabad).