· To empower students with the skills, tools, and confidence on sustainable bio-risk management.
· To enable them to apply principles of biosafety and biosecurity in facilities.
· To reduce/eliminate the risk of infection in laboratory setting.
· Comprehend basics of research in light of the modern ethics
· Comprehend basic knowledge of the ethical issues in biomedical research
· Select and design research project and critically analyze and communicate scientific data
· Analyze literature critically and comprehend the foundations of Bioethics theories
· how to deal with patients within the boundaries of biomedical ethics
· how to improve the basic health care services on ethical grounds
Upon completion of course the students will be able to:
· Present and communicate research articles/research data in conferences and symposia.
· Critically analyse data, design a project and write up research proposals.
· Design experiments in the field of biological sciences.
· Collect information from the available resources, Prepare a presentation on a given topic, Deliver a lecture and manage a question-answer session
· Distinguish different types of research, their audiences and how research material might be effectively presented
· Format documents and presentations to optimize their visual appeal
· Effectively use features of Microsoft Office to create eye-catching professional documents and presentations.
· Effectively use features of Microsoft Word, Power point, and Excel to create professional looking tables, graphs and figures.
· Accept constructive criticism and use reviewers’ comments to improve quality and clarity of written reports and presentations
· Work as a productive member of a task force
Upon completion of course the students will be able to comprehend basic knowledge of epidemiology and will be able to:
· Know how to design a study and describe the validity and reliability of a study design
· Know the fundamental concepts and methods of statistics in the areas of medical and biological research
· Have good command on use of statistical computer software for data analysis
- Teacher: Dr Asif Ali
Upon completion of the course, the MPhil students will be able to comprehend basic knowledge in the:
- Cell structure and organization
- DNA replication, transcription, protein synthesis and enzymology
- Molecular genetics like DNA recombination, gene structure, function and regulation as well as cell
signaling pathways and cancer
- Molecular cloning and molecular tools for studying genes and gene activity
- DNA structure and function
- The language of genetics and the terminology of molecular biology