Introducing basic and applied concepts of medical education to improve teaching skills of students as potential teachers for health institutes.
By the end of the course, the graduate of MPhil must have acquired a reasonable working knowledge of:
- The Dynamics of teaching and learning and Planning effective teaching sessions
- Principles and theories of learning and Educational psychology for better transfer of knowledge skills and attitudes to students.
- How to develop skills like critical thinking and problem solving among students and teachers.
- Teaching and learning strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning in an educational environment.
- Guiding students in developing their learning strategies, keeping them motivated and eventually becoming self directed learners
- E-learning and information technologies to develop and manage computerized teaching and learning solutions
- Manage time and courses to submit assignments on time
- Apply principles of professional conduct in paper submission (plagiarism)
- Demonstrate professional behavior by completing all course requirements, including course evaluations, in a timely manner, being punctual, responding to direct communication from the course faculty in a timely fashion, particularly in circumstances when a face-to face meetings and demostraten ethical behavior by honestly completing course examinations
- Learn to interpret the findings in the medical literature for future research
- Improve critical appraisal skills and conduct it effectively
- Earn skills related to oral and written presentations
The program will stress upon hands-on training to develop knowledge and skills for research problems identification and prioritization, preparation of research project proposals and protocols, searching for literature, preparation of research plans and budgets, research reports and publications writing and reviewing of research proposals and publications.
The program constantly challenges the students to enhance their learning and skills by giving the regular assignments and encouraging guide self-learning. The assignments are specifically aimed at developing writing skills and critical appraisal of published literature. Students are encouraged to learn to systematically develop research questions, identify and apply most appropriate research design ,review research literature, critically evaluate evidence, and apply a range of research approaches relevant to health services and clinical problems.